12 Posts

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 726
  • stats Total Posts: 523
  • stats Total Topics: 276
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 19
  • stats Most Online: 324

Author Topic: Just bought a Thrive 10.1 32gb refurb from woot. What was refurbished on it?  (Read 3794 times)

Mosthated

• View Profile

I just bought a Thrive 10.1 32gb (factory refurbished) from woot.com yesterday as part of one of their daily deals, does anyone know what was actually refurbished on it? It says only has a 90 day warranty and I wanted to make sure whatever it is, isnt something that is going to creep back up on me as soon as the warranty is over.

Thanks,
MostHated

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • iPad Boards
Refurbished typically means it was a unit that was bought and returned by a customer and then simply 'gone over' by the company to make sure it was still in 'like new" condition.  It doesn't necessarily mean there was a part that was bad and replaced or anything.   Legally, companies are not allowed to call returned products that have already been opened 'new'.  So they call them factory refurbished...but in essence they are new.  Just packaged twice, that's all. 

Mosthated

• View Profile
So then I should not really have to worry about it?

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • iPad Boards
Nope!  But you can worry if you like to worry. :-o

bebopblues

• View Profile
I got the 16G model from woot also. It looked new when it arrived. It wasn't in original box, but a brown box with a toshiba logo on it. But I can't see any flaws in it. Look in the Apps list when you get yours, I saw SuperUser app there so it means mine was already rooted by previous owner. It saved me the trouble. It came with Android 3.1, but I installed ClockWorkMod and then updated to 3.2.x using the rooted rom found on this forum.