12 Posts

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 726
  • stats Total Posts: 523
  • stats Total Topics: 276
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 19
  • stats Most Online: 324

Author Topic: Thrive SD Card?  (Read 12839 times)

tabletconfused

• View Profile
Thrive SD Card?
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:19:17 pm »

Does the Toshiba Thrive have an SD Card Slot?

toshibaddict

• View Profile
Re: Thrive SD Card?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:35:48 pm »
Yes, the Toshiba Thrive has a full-size SD card slot.

RK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:02:49 am »
Which size SD Card is best for use with the Thrive?  Also, if you have a Smartphone which cards are compatible to use in both?

Thanks,

RK :-\

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • iPad Boards
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 04:55:57 am »
The short answer I guess would be...it depends.    I don't think there's actually a limit in size you can use but I'd probably think 32GB is the best cost/size benefit ratio.  I probably would splurge a few bucks and get a class 2 or 4 speed so read times would be snappy but it probably doesn't matter for most.  As for the smartphone question...I think that depends more on the specific smartphone's capability doesn't it?

davey0728

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 08:01:50 pm »
I think I did read that the MAX SD card is a 128 but I could be wrong. 128 is too much anyway so I would stick with a 32GB. Remember, it's a SD card slot so if you take the card out of your phone you'll need to carry the MicroSd adapter with you

Gandolf0718

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 12:00:43 am »
Looking at getting an sd card but thanks to Babyfacemagee I now know what size 32 gig to get. So many classes. Not sure the difference between each. Oh for the simpler days of dos and 5 1/4 floppies.

CuriousKJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 02:03:29 am »
I'd like to learn how to move apps to the sd card. Would someone please point me in the right direction? I have a app App2SD Pro. It tells me apps that can be moved but when I try to do it I don't get the option to move in the Application Settings. Is there something I've missed or am I totally on the wrong road?  ???

HamRadioGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 09:25:31 pm »
"...I'd like to learn how to move apps to the sd card. Would someone please point me in the right direction? I have a app App2SD Pro...."

Been there, done that. Eventually moved my apps back to Phone in this case. The SD cards are designed for backups and your media. When I moved apps using above App2SD on my Samsung Fascinate, in a few months, apps became unstable and locked up the phone often. After moving the apps back to the phone, did it become stable again. (Had to use discipline and restraint when selecting the "free app a day on amazon AppStore...)  That is what motivated me to purchase the 32GB Thrive for the increased App storage. Also opted for a 32GB SD card.

BlueRocco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 11:10:39 pm »
I can't get anything to operate off the SDcard2 card. It seems that the Thrive will list everything on it as being on the /SDcard directory, and if you want to get to the SD card you put in it, you have to look for the /SDcard2. I can't get anything to install on my SD Card that I put in it, I can only use it for storage. I can put tunes on it and docs and pdfs, but I can't get anything to run on it. The tablet simply will NOT find it. The file managers all have different ways of finding it and NONE of the programs will even look at the damn thing. It is very frustrating to try and get it to work anything like a computer.

I did find I could run a movie from a secondary hard drive if I first formated the hard drive with an EXFAT formate, copy something to from my computer, then plug it into the Tablet. But then you have to go through this compleprocessesss to get the media player to find the movie then play it. If you use the stock file manager, it just says it's not a proper PDF file and cannot do anything. I did find honeycombmb file manager that you could use to locate the file then pick it and it would play, but the one that come with the Thrive is very limited in functionality. Same thing with flash drives. You have to first format them as EXFAT then you can use them on the thrive. It is an east process, you can use your computer to do the formating, you just have to scroll dowthroughgh the list of formats, NTFS, FAT, EXFAT, pick EXFAT then format, boom it's done and will work on any PC as well.

Micheal
Boise,ID