12 Posts

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 726
  • stats Total Posts: 523
  • stats Total Topics: 276
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 19
  • stats Most Online: 324

Author Topic: 'WoodeBox Puzzle' Brings You Blocks Of Fun And Challenge From Yesteryear  (Read 2197 times)

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • iPad Boards

As much as I love all the latest high tech entertainment, gadget and games of 2012, once in a while it can get a little overwhelming and make me harken for the simplicity of some old fashioned, simpler entertainment.  This sentiment I'm sure is exactly what the makers of 'WoodeBox Puzzle' were counting on when they made this fantastic Android tablet game.  'WoodeBlock Puzzle' turns your Android phone or tablet into a virtual box of wooden blocks that you must arrange through 81 challenging, well crafted levels to complete.   The idea is simple...you're given a board with a space that must be filled of a certain shape.  You have a number of loose blocks that you must slide into position while maneuvering them around and with the other blocks on the board.  It's delightfully simple...yet very challenging as the boards increase in difficulty.  Take a look at the video below and you'll get an idea of how it all works.

Woodebox Puzzle Game

Now I like what the developers, Android A-Z, have done by introducing interactive elements into the boards.  Just when you think the entire game is going to consist of just sliding ever smaller and more complex arrangements of wood blocks they start to introduce sliding sections and rolling balls that will require you to time your movements or direct objects into other places with your blocks.   With 81 different boards, 'WoodeBlock Puzzle' gives you a decent amount of gameplay and it kind of reminds me of a mashup of some older classic puzzle games  like Tangram, Pentomino, Unblock me or Crossfingers.   Now the free version has limited graphics that only look good on phones so I've included the pay version link below.  It's only 0.99 so I think it's definitely worth it and it features upgraded graphics that will look good on your Toshiba Thrive's screen.  Check it out and let me know what you think in the comments!