12 Posts

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 726
  • stats Total Posts: 523
  • stats Total Topics: 276
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 19
  • stats Most Online: 324

Author Topic: Unable to update Honeycomb  (Read 2645 times)

Yosef

• View Profile
Unable to update Honeycomb
« on: January 26, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »

Hello all, I browsed the forums and did not see this issue posted so I am putting my problem here before I call Toshiba, thanks in advance.

I have recently become responsible for 2 Toshiba Thrive model AT105s.  When attempting to update from version 3.1.01.5.0018 to 3.1.01.5.0032 the process fails upon every attempt.  The update is downloaded and when I choose to install with the AC adapter plugged in, the system reboots and then I see an animation of the android character with gears turning inside of him for about 7 seconds.  Then the gears disappear and are replaced with a triangle with an exclamation mark in the center.  The Device then reboots without the update applied.  As I mentioned I have two of these devices and this is only an issue on one of them.

I have a few theories, perhaps the patch downloaded as corrupt and needs to be deleted and downloaded again but I do not see an option to do so nor have I found it digging around the file system.  I have also contemplated reseting the device and trying to update from there which would obviously allow me to download the update again but if it did not fix my problem I would be in the same boatas before but also with all my configuration and apps lost.

Any incite would be appreciated.

morozovsv

• View Profile
Re: Unable to update Honeycomb
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:48:10 am »
Hello all, I browsed the forums and did not see this issue posted so I am putting my problem here before I call Toshiba, thanks in advance.

I have recently become responsible for 2 Toshiba Thrive model AT105s.  When attempting to update from version 3.1.01.5.0018 to 3.1.01.5.0032 the process fails upon every attempt.  The update is downloaded and when I choose to install with the AC adapter plugged in, the system reboots and then I see an animation of the android character with gears turning inside of him for about 7 seconds.  Then the gears disappear and are replaced with a triangle with an exclamation mark in the center.  The Device then reboots without the update applied.  As I mentioned I have two of these devices and this is only an issue on one of them.

I have a few theories, perhaps the patch downloaded as corrupt and needs to be deleted and downloaded again but I do not see an option to do so nor have I found it digging around the file system.  I have also contemplated reseting the device and trying to update from there which would obviously allow me to download the update again but if it did not fix my problem I would be in the same boatas before but also with all my configuration and apps lost.

Any incite would be appreciated.

Hi,
Do you have enough free space on your tablet? Cause I updated with out a problem. Did you download update from service station?